Sometimes you probably find yourself in a hurry, and have no time to prepare something to eat. There are many easy vegan recipes that are cheap, easy to prepare and healthy. We have trouble choosing which ones to add to this list of ours, because there are so many easy vegan recipes that you can make in 20 minutes. Here is our list of 10 super easy vegan recipe. We hope you’ll like it.
1. Peanut stew
Preparation of this meal won’t last more than 20 minutes and yet, it is surprisingly delicious.
- brown rice – 1 cup
- potato – 1, peeled and sliced
- crushed tomatoes – 2 cups
- kidney beans – 1 can, 15 oz (substitute other beans, as desired)
- peanut butter – 1/2 cup
- thyme – 1/2 tsp
- red chili paste – 1 tsp (optional)
Cook 1 cup of rice in a pot, or in the microwave, according to package directions. Cook sliced potato in boiling water, only until it softens (no need to be fully cooked). Now take the crushed tomatoes, potato, beans (rinsed), peanut butter and thyme – and combine in a large pot over medium heat. Cover pot and cook for about 15 minutes. Serve over the cooked rice.
2. Smashed White Bean and Avocado Sandwich
- 2 15-ounce cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 slices bread, multigrain
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 5-ounce alfalfa sprouts (or substitute radish or broccoli sprouts)
- 2 avocados, pitted and sliced
Take one bowl and combine the beans, oil, salt, and pepper. Roughly mash the mixture with the back of a fork or potato masher. Place 4 slices of bread on a cutting board. Divide the mashed beans among them., and spread evenly. Top with the onion, tomato, sprouts, and avocado slices. Top with the remaining 4 slices of bread. Slice each sandwich in half, and serve.
3. Easy Vegan Meal – Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 4 cups cauliflower florets, rinsed
- 1/2 cup shelled peas, frozen
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, frozen
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- olive oil, 1 tbsp
Steam cauliflower for 5-10 minutes, until soft. Allow to cool. Blend in a food processor until cauliflower forms small, rice-like pieces. In a large pan, heat olive oil. Cook all vegetables 5-10 minutes, until softened. Add the cauliflower “rice”, and cook 5-10 minutes, stirring constantly. Add salt, pepper, turmeric, and soy sauce. Mix well and serve.
4. Sandwiches with Chickpeas
Sandwiches are usually easy to make. You have bread and all you need is just filling or whatever you want to put on bread. Here is our sandwich with chickpeas which is very easy vegan recipe.
This simple sandwich is made from an awesome chickpea salad spread, made from chickpeas and mustard. It’s a super easy and totally packable lunch. Get the recipe from “Peace. Love. Quinoa” here.
5. Apple Pie Oatmeal
This recipe maybe looks complicated if you take a look at the list of the ingredients but in fact it’s very simple. This apple pie oatmeal is great meal in every part of the day and it takes only 15 minutes to be prepared.
- ⅓ cup regular oats
- 1 apple, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 apple, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp chopped nuts (optional – walnuts, pecans, etc.)
In one pot mix together oats, apple cubes,applesauce, almond milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, and ginger. Whisk all well, until combined. Cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, until mixture is thickened and the liquid is absorbed. Stir in the vanilla extract. Serve topped with chopped nuts.
6. Lettuce, Orange and Pecan Salad
- 2 cups lettuce, rinsed and torn
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup candied pecans
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 shallots, minced
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- dash, kosher salt
- dash, black pepper
In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, oranges and pecans. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, vinegar, shallot, oil, salt, and pepper. Toss dressing with the salad and serve.
7. Delicious Coconut Noodles
Time of preparation for this easy vegan recipe for 4 servings is only 20 minutes.
- 8 ounces fettuccine or rice noodles
- 1 can, 14 oz, unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon red chili paste (adjust to spice preference)
- 4 scallions, washed and chopped into 3-4″ segments
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced lenthwise
- 16 basil leaves, whole or torn (optional)
Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook carrots for 3-5 minutes. Add coconut milk, tomato paste, chili powder, salt, and red chili paste. Cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes, and stir the drained noodles into the sauce. Serve, topped with scallions and basil.
8. Scrambled Tofu
- 5 oz tofu, crumbled
- 1/2 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 scallions, washed and finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Olive oil
Heat a bit of olive oil in a pan. Fry onion and tofu for 2-3 minutes. Add scallions, turmeric, and tomatoes to the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until heated through. Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve. Garnish with fresh parsley and chives.
9. Fast Cake with Cherries
This list of top easy vegan recipes needs some dessert. So we decided to to put on this list this vegan cake with cherries. Great thing about this recipe is that you don’t need to cook cherries, so the vitamins and many other healthy ingredients from the fruit are saved. Fast and refreshing cake for summer days. You can read full recipe here.
10. Cheesy Kale Chips
These cheesy kale chips are easy and healthy. It is totally vegan, and the kale is rich in blood-fortifying nutrients such as trace minerals and Vitamins K and C. And the nutritional yeast gives it a satisfying cheesy crunch.
- Kale – 12-15 leaves, washed and dried
- Olive oil spray
- Nutritional yeast – 2 tbsp
- Lightly coat the kale leaves with olive oil spray.
- Toss with the nutritional yeast on a baking sheet, in a single layer
- Bake for 12-14 minutes at 350 degrees, or until just crunchy