The summer has come! It’s time for hanging out in nature, making picnics, barbeques… If you have good will but you have lack of ideas maybe you can find inspiration in this our list of tasty vegan picnic recipes.
1. Banana Bread
This is a great vegan picnic recipe it’s easy to make, it’s cheap and it’s delicious. This banana bread is almost too good to be true.
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cups white sugar
- ½ cup vegan margarine, at room temperature
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed well
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup vanilla soy milk, mixed with 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon salt
Preparation is so simple. First preheat oven to 350 F. (200C) . Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and spices. Cream together the margarine and sugars. Add bananas, soy milk and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Mix well. Pour batter into pan. Bake for an hour (or more if needed).
2. Tater Salad
Bringing this surprisingly sweet tater salad to your next picnic is the easiest way to score points with your pals.
- sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 1 (16-ounce) bag coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage)
- ½ (10-ounce) bag shredded carrots
- Handful of raisins
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- ½ (20-ounce) can diced pineapple, do not drain
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
One of the easiest vegan recipes to prepare. Toss all the ingredients together in a large bowl and serve it. To mention, this makes 2 servings if you want more just double up ingredients.
3. Avocado Sandwich
Sandwich is always a good choice for picnic. It’s easy to make and carry and it’s tasty. Here is our vegan picnic recipe for sandwich.
- 2 avocados
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin oil.
- 1 teaspoon of some your favorite hot sauce
- 4 slices bread toasted
- 8 slices of tempeh bacon fully prepared (for those who don’t know, it’s not a meat product)
- 12 thin slices of tomato
- salt, pepper
In a bowl combine avocados olive oil and hot sauce. Fold ingredients together mashing the avocados slightly. Add salt and pepper to the mixture. Then spread the avocado mixture evenly on slice of bread and top the each slice with the tempeh bacon and tomatoes. You can sprinkle more salt and pepper on tomatoes if you want and that is it.
4. Lentils and Zucchini Toast Sandwich
This is also a great and simple vegan picnic recipe. We wrote this recipe here . It deserves spot in this list of tasty vegan picnic recipes.
5. Vegan Pizza
Everybody loves pizza. You can’t make a bad picnic if you bring pizza there.
- pizza dough
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch round
- 1 small summer squash, sliced into ¼-inch rounds
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- ½ a small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons picked fresh thyme leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup pistachios
Place 1 ball of dough in each pan and turn to coat evenly with oil. Using a flat palm, press the dough around the pan, flattening it slightly and spreading oil around the entire bottom and edges of the pan. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let the dough sit at room temperature for about an hour. After that spread the dough on baking tray, use your fingertips to press it around until it fills in every corner, popping any large bubbles that appear.
Toss zucchini, squash, carrots, red onion, and thyme leaves with remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Shingle zucchini and squash pieces over tops of pizzas. Spread onion slices even over top, then add any thyme or olive oil left in the bowl. Put in the oven for 15-20min. And it’s done.