Tofu is one of the most used ingredients in vegan diet and therefore we prepared a list of great tofu recipes that taste wonderful and are not hard to prepare.
1. Chocolate Raspberry Tofu Pie
This chocolate raspberry pie gets an amazing smooth, rich, creamy texture from pureed tofu.
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips Trader Joe’s chocolate chips are Vegan (about 10 ounces)
- 12-ounce shelf-stable package tofu
- 1 1/2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 9-inch graham cracker pie crust
- fresh raspberries for decoration (optional)
- vegan whipped cream (optional)
Put chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl. Cook on medium temperature for 1 minute. Alternatively, you can melt it in a double boiler. Place tofu in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Add the melted chocolate, vanilla, and maple syrup. Process again until smooth. Add raspberries and confectioners sugar and process again (scraping down the sides as necessary). Spread the mixture into the prepared crust. Refrigerate until firm, approximately 2 hours. Decorate with fresh raspberries and vegan whipped cream, if desired. And that is it.
2. Tofu in Mustard Sauce
- 250 g of tofu
- 2 spoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoon of Tamari (soy sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric
- one spoon mustard
- 1 clove garlic
Chop tofu on 4 slices about 1cm per each piece. Roll tofu in fine cornflour and shake the excess of cornflour in order not to be burned during frying. Now heat up oil and fry tofu on both size until it gets golden color. When it’s done take out tofu from pan and pour oil. Take 2 spoons of fine cornflour and mix it in a cup of cold water. Now place the mixture in a pan with little of oil, add soy sauce and turmeric and cook with constant mixing until you get fine sauce (about 10 minutes). Chop garlic and mix it with mustard, add tofu to sauce and cook all for the next 5 min. In the end add pepper and that is it.
3. Integral Tart with Swiss Chard and Tofu
Here is one more great tofu recipe for preparation of delicious tart with Swiss chard:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour + 1 teaspoon for filling
- ½ teaspoons of unrefined sea salt + a pinch more for the filling
- 3 tablespoons of sesame oil (or olive oil) + 1 teaspoon for filling
- 1-3 bunches of Swiss chard
- 2-3 clove garlic
- 250 g of tofu
- ½ teaspoons of turmeric
- vegan parmesan (optional – for topping)
Mix flour, half a cup of sea salt and 3 teaspoons of oil. Add about ⅓ cup of cold water, knead the dough and shape into ball. Leave it covered with for about 30 minutes at room temperature (it can stay longer). Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Stretch the dough thinly with the rolling pin and move it in an oiled mold for tart. Stab the dough with fork and bake for about 10-15 minutes.
Wash the chard and remove the stems and, while it is still wet place it in a pot with 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add a pinch of sea salt. Stew chard for about 3 minutes, then add the chopped garlic. Grind tofu in the blender, with a little of water and 1 tablespoon of integral flour, until you get the smooth mass (it should look like a sour cream). Mix the tofu mass with the chard and spread over the dough you baked before. Now bake for 15 minutes more and the meal is ready.
4. Tofu with Thai Coconut Peanut Sauce
This tasty meal was inspired by a recipe for “Chicken with Thai Peanut Sauce.” It has all it takes to satisfy your taste. Try tofu with Thai peanut sauce and you will be satisfied.
5. Thai Black Pepper and Garlic Tofu
This meal is so tasty that when I think of it, it kes my mouth water. I’m sure this Garlic tofu recipe with black pepper of Thai kitchen will fascinate you too.
6. Easy Barbecue Tofu
As a vegan you may would miss the taste of barbecue but here is very interesting vegan alternative – Barbecue tofu.
We hope you’ll try any of the meals from the list of tofu recipes we chose. We sure there’s at least one that will became regular meal in your kitchen.