Black bean burgers are one of my favorite type of vegan burgers , enjoy the recipe.
- 1/2 onion – chopped
- 1 can of black beans ( 15oz) – Drain them (you can also use beans you submerged overnight)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 slices of bread – crumbled
- 2 teaspoon of garlic powder (or a chopped clove of garlic instead)
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- oil for frying
How to make it:
Cook onion until it softens, 5-6 minutes. Mash beans in a large bowl, add the cooked onion and other ingredients (except oil). Add flour gradually, spoon by spoon, so as to obtain a homogeneous dense mass. From that dough, make burgers of medium thickness and fry them in a little oil until they are golden brown.
You can serve it with lots of fresh lettuce, cucumber, tomato, fried onions or whatever you prefer.
Makes 6 burgers.
Have a nice lunch!