For this recipe you’ll need a little of beer because it will boost the flavor and give these waffles a beautiful, silky texture.
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¾ cup porter, or other dark beer
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- cooking spray
First of all, preheat the waffle iron. In a large bowl swift together flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, sugar and salt. Create a well in the center and add beer, milk, vanilla and oil. Mix well until combined. Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray and cook waffles. We suggest that you serve the waffles with chocolate drizzle and sweet cashew cream.