Have you ever eaten Pad Thai? What?? You have not tried it?? Then you are missing a great vegan dish. This super duper delicious dish is going to make you addict from the time you eat it for the first time.
It is rice noodles and some veggies cooked together and mixed up with tangy sauce. As there is no restriction of using particular veggies, you can use your favorite ones. This delicious dish is best alternative to fast foods, which along with reducing the calorie intake also makes you feel full for longer. So, if you are looking for a yummy food which can also help you to stick to your weight loss resolution, then you can go for vegan Pad Thai. Moreover, this yummy dish is liked by the people of every age. No matter you are going to prepare food for your kids or your special guests, you can include this delicious dish.
Vegan Pad Thai is really easy to prepare and it also takes less time. But, for getting a real taste of this yummy vegetarian dish, you are required to prepare it correctly. So, here we are going to provide you the full-fledged vegan pad Thai Recipe which will enable you to prepare finger-licking pad Thai. It will be going to take about half an hour to prepare it.
Ingredients for vegan pad Thai
Main dish ingredients
- Rice noodles- 1 lb
- Olive oil- 2 tsp
- Broccoli 1 small head, chopped
- Carrots, shreeded, 1/2 cup
- Onion, chopped, 1/2 cup
- Minced garlic- 4 cloves
Ingredients for sauce
- Lime juice-2 tbsp
- Soy sauce- 1/4 cup
- Chili garlic sauce- 3 tbsp
- Agave syrup – 2 tbsp
- Peanut butter- 2 tbsp
- Water- 1/3 cup
- 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
- Chopped cilantro-1/2 cup
- Green onions, for garnish
- Lime, optional
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package. It will taste best if you cook them two or three minutes short as it will leave them to be little crunchy.
- Now, heat the olive oil in frying pan, over medium-high heat. Add broccoli and carrots. Cook, tossing and stirring for 7 minutes. You can add more oil if required.
- Now, add the onions and cook additional 3-5 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 more minutes. Set aside
- At the same time, when this veggies mixture is getting cooked, mix all the sauce ingredients in a big bowl. Whisk them until they are mixed well.
- Now, pour the sauce on this veggies mixture and mix it thoroughly. Return to heat and cook for 3-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Add cooked noodles and mix it again, so that the sauce gets evenly distributed.
- Once all is mixed well, cover the pan and let it heat for a minute or two.
- Now, you vegan pad Thai is ready. You can top with the cilantro, scallions, and chopped peanuts for serving. You can also use any of your favorite nuts for garnishing the dish.
- Don’t forget to serve lime slices along with Pad Thai.
Once you learn this delicious vegan pad Thai recipe, you can try your hands on it by altering the seasonings, veggies and sauce ingredients. You can discover just yummy tastes by doing so.
Some valuable tips
- You are not restricted to use the above given veggies and seasonings; you can use which you like the most. It is all about taste and you will only find it tasty if the ingredients would be of your choice.
- While preparing sauce, you can add sweeteners of your choice and which you can easily get from the grocery store. You also have the option of boiling the Pad Thai Sauce. So, you can try it if you want little deeper flavor.
- The Pad Thai sauce should have a balance of sweetness, salt and sourness. As everyone has a different choice, you can prepare sauce according to the above given recipe and then adjust the sugar, soy sauce and lime juice accordingly to get the desired taste.
- Make sure that you have soaked the noodles correctly. For this, you can refer to instruction on the packet. As they are prepared by different brands, there may be some changes in the time period for which they need to be soaked. Noodles will get too mushy if soaked for longer and will be crunchy if soaked for less time than required.
Check the soaked noodles for being pliable as you are not required to soften them totally.
- While heating the final dish (mixture of cooked noodles, tofu and sauce), ensure that it does not get sticky. Remove it from the heat when it starts sticking and fling it thoroughly.
If you are looking to add a bit more vegan protein to this dish, tofu is a great addition.