Here is one more fantastic and creative recipe for vegan burgers. Try it out.
- 340 g extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons canola or other vegetable oil, divided, plus more for frying
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup imitation bacon bits (you can find it in the stores)
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 cup chickpea (garbanzo) flour
In a blender, mix garlic powder, 1/2 cup of oil, tofu, onion powder, cumin, mustard powder, tumeric and paprika. Process until very smooth. Pour the mixture to a mixing bowl and set aside.
Pour 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan and preheat. Add onion, bell peppers and salt. Sauté until lightly brown. When it’s done, remove from heat and stir in the tofu mixture. Fold in liquid smoke and the bacon bits. Add chickpea flour and mix well. The mixture will be sticky and you should for it into six patties.
Take a frying pan and pour lots of oil and preheat. Fry for about 5 minutes from each side.