These crackers go perfectly with guacamole, chutney, tofu dip, even with hummus. They don’t contain a single drop of oil, and the only fatty source comes from oatmeal. If you prefer, you can add to them some spice, like cumin, pepper,thyme, basil etc.
Ingredients for about 10-12 crackers:
- 1 cup of white cornbread flour
- ½ cup of oatmeal
- ½ cup of whole-wheat (integral) flour
- 1-2 cups of milled flaxseed
- 1-2 cups of milled sesame
- 1-2 spoons of coarsely chopped pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of unrefined sea salt
- for dusting: 1 teacup of coarsely chopped peanuts
Mix all ingredients, except of 1 teacup of coarsely chopped peanuts. Pour 1 to 1½ cups of water in order to get dough soft enough, but dense at the same time, so you can form crackers with your hands. Wait for a couple of minutes for the flour to absorb water, and if necessary, add more water. Sprinkle them with peanuts, then place them on a well-oiled baking pan. Pierce each cracker 2/3 times (for decoration and so they can become crunchy in the middle). Load them into your oven, after you have preheated it at 170 degrees Celsius and bake until the color has turned golden brown.